News and Announcements
Position Opportunity: Children’s Chorus Director
The Elgin Master Chorale is seeking a dynamic, energetic individual to lead its Children’s Chorus starting in summer 2018.
Specifically, the Elgin Master Chorale is looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about instilling a love of choral singing in young people
- Comfortable working with a wide range of ages
- Dedicated to the growth of the chorus, and is able to create and maintain a vision for its future
- Proven in their ability to grow music programs that encourage dedication and participation
- Knowledgeable about and skilled in the classical children’s choral technique, and adept at selecting repertoire for such an ensemble
The duties of the Director will commence in late July with the Children’s Chorus annual summer camp, and then move into the start of the 2018-19 season in September.
For position details, go to emcchildrenschorus.org/employment. Email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
Registration for our 2018 Summer Camp is now Open!
Have a child that loves to sing? Join us for a week long camp of music, friends and fun.
Give them an unforgettable summer by joining us July 30th to August 4th for our week long Summer Music Camp.
Summer Camp is conveniently located at the Elgin Community College Arts Building. See you this summer!
Between Worlds: Elgin Master Chorale and Duruflé’s Requiem
EMC Children’s Chorus proves to have confidence and professionalism with their performance on Sunday, April 16th.
Read the full article here from The Elgin Review.