News and Announcements
ELGIN MASTER CHORALE
JOB DESCRIPTION – EMC CHILDREN’S CHORUS ACCOMPANIST
Reports to: EMC Children’s Chorus Director
Provide keyboard accompaniment for Children’s Chorus rehearsals and performances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide piano accompaniment for all scheduled Children’s Chorus rehearsals.
- Provide keyboard accompaniment and/or attend concert dress rehearsals as assigned by the Chorus Director.
- Lead sectional rehearsals either from the keyboard or the podium as assigned by the Chorus Director.
- Assist the Chorus Director in singer and soloist auditions.
- Assist the Chorus Director and/or Chorus Coordinator in finding a substitute for regular rehearsal, dress rehearsal or concert schedule conflicts.
- May serve as rehearsal conductor if the Chorus Director is unable.
- Work effectively with staff to ensure safe practices.
Qualifications and skills
- Piano keyboard proficiency sufficient to provide rehearsal and concert accompaniment is required.
- Conducting proficiency sufficient to lead rehearsal from the podium or keyboard
- Organ Keyboard proficiency is preferred.
- Schedule flexibility in order to attend a majority of rehearsals.
- Must pass background check.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Summer Vocal Camp
Join us July 31st to August 5th for a week long summer vocal camp. Take your singing skills to the next level while meeting new a like minded friends. The week ends with a performance on Saturday, August 5th at 2pm.
Sign-Up Today to join us.
Cost is $100
The Elgin Review: Elgin Master Chorale’s “A German Requiem” is Far More Joy than Sadness
All afternoon Sunday, the ECC Arts Center was humming with activity. The Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra (EYSO) held an open house in conjunction with recitals by its Chamber Music Institute ensembles. Read more at theelginreview.blogspot.com
About the Elgin Master Chorale Children’s Chorus
The beloved and renowned Elgin Children’s Chorus has been reborn as the Elgin Master Chorale Children’s Chorus. The Elgin Children’s Chorus, founded in 1982, was a mainstay of musical opportunity for youth in the Fox Valley area. With the chorus facing an uncertain future, the board of the Elgin Master Chorale decided in the summer of 2016 to keep children’s choral music alive in Elgin by starting the Elgin Master Chorale Children’s Chorus, providing the necessary funds, staff and rehearsal space.
As an official ensemble of the Elgin Master Chorale, the new children’s chorus anticipates opportunities to perform during EMC concerts as well as presenting its own programs. The EMC Children’s Chorus rehearses Monday evenings, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m., at the Elgin Community College Arts Building. Call 847-214-7225 for information about membership and volunteering.